Fancy being a key part of a forward thinking, social business that is changing people’s lives by delivering trailblazing, creative and digital skills programmes?
We are proud that our award-winning, industry-driven programmes are revolutionising talent development across the North West. Bringing together the unique skills, talents and passions of our sister business, Agent, we design and deliver education experiences like no other.
Our success is stand-out; more than 120 young people have kick-started their careers as a result of the time and expertise our network of industry leaders dedicate to making a difference.
Our commitment to being an inclusive and open workplace resulted in Agent being named LGBTQ+ Friendly Business of the Year at the recent LCR Pride Awards, 2019.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented, passionate and committed programme coordinator to join our ambitious, dedicated and growing team, based in Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle.
If this fast-paced, varied and extremely rewarding role sounds like it’s for you, please read on…
Here’s what the role will involve…
- Managing the programme recruitment campaign from start to finish.
- Programme coordination including; booking space, arranging travel, organising refreshments, external contributor communication, creating session briefs and diary bookings.
- Production of timetables and briefs for team members and students.
- Supporting the preparation of session material with occasional support during programme sessions.
- Industry speaker relationship management and communications.
- Supporting the planning of events and presentations.
- Initiating and developing new industry connections.
- Supporting communication and management of partner and alumni network.
- Attending regular industry networking events.
- Supporting the planning of regular events by liaising with venues, speakers and attendees.
- Supporting booking confirmation for training events and digital skills sessions.
- General communications – as the first point of contact for queries, you will be responsible for responding and fielding enquires appropriately.
- Daily diary management for the director, liaising with partners, clients and the wider team.
- Daily administration – supporting the daily administration of Agent Academy this includes activities like organising meetings, interviews, guest list management and responding to enquiries.
- Database Management.
You’ll need to have
- A strong set of values – people are at the heart of everything we do and our values are extremely important to us.
- An unrivalled passion for enabling others to reach their potential.
- Strong organisation skills with an ability to multi-task whilst paying attention to the detail.
- Excellent people skills – the confidence and professionalism to speak to anyone and quickly build trust and connections with people from all walks of life.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills – you will be expected to communicate in an articulate, accurate and succinct way to get your point across.
- Experience of using all social media platforms with a creative approach to creating interesting, innovative content and campaigns that grab the attention of your audience.
- Flexibility and a willingness to coordinate and attend out of hours’ events to represent and promote Agent Academy to existing and new networks.
- A positive outlook and can do approach – always be looking for new ways to make operations more efficient and effective.
- Flexible and adaptable - you will be ready for any task that comes your way, often at the last minute.
- You’ll be an open-minded, team player who works well with people from all backgrounds and disciplines.
- Discretion and trustworthiness - you will often handle confidential information
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed whilst enabling others to do the same!
The technical part.
The salary for this role is £17,000 to £21,000 p.a. dependent on experience and ability. A full benefits package will be made available including flexible working hours, monthly massages, access to bikes and of course the opportunity to walk Agent’s head of security, Leo the poodle.
We don’t want to receive the ‘usual’ CVs and cover letters. Please make your submission stand out.
Tell us why this role is for you, what you’ve done before and what makes you tick! We’d love to see the work you’re most proud of!
The deadline for submissions is Friday 22nd November 2019.